Friday, August 24, 2007

Uh oh....

Good news first... I've lost the weight that I gained over the weekend, so I'm back on track. It might very well be 25 pounds before we actually do our treatment cycle, but once I start the injections all bets are off. Some people have reported gaining 10 pounds during those injections. YUCK!

Now for the not so good news...

So I've been thinking. I'm trusting God to expand our family (while at the same time trusting his sovereignty--does that make any sense at all?) I pray that I will get pregnant with this cycle of treatment. So I have decided to put the quilting on hold for a week or two, and tackle some bigger projects that I probably shouldn't do when pregnant. #1 on my list was to tile our master bathroom. I've been looking at tile since I tiled our guest bathroom about a month ago. I still have all of my dad's tools, so I need to do it, or return the tools! Last night I found some highly discounted tile. I got more than enough tile for our master bathroom for about $40.00 That tile was normally $4-5 a foot! After picking up the rest of the supplies, looks like I'm into this about $75.00 Not bad for a new floor! When I got home last night I started on my demo work. I pulled back the carpet, pulled up the baseboard, tack strip, carpet pad, and all the tacks that were holding it down. This morning while in the shower I had an uh-oh moment. I remembered why I started with the guest bathroom instead of our master bath.... The water supply for the toilet came out of the wall in the guest bathroom, but it comes out of the floor in the master bathroom. AWWW NUTS! I'm going to have to have help with this one. I have no idea how to shut off the water, and remove the water supply valve to put the cement board and tile over it. So now I've ruined the flooring that was in there, and I pretty much have no choice, but to call my dad and beg him for a little help this weekend. I've bitten off more than I can chew :( My original plan was to get the toilet up tonight, and the cement board down and most of the uncut tiles. Then work on the tile cuts tomorrow and have them all set by mid-day. Now I will have to wait for my dad to even be able to get to the point that I can put down cement board. GRRR! Hopefully this isn't something that's going to add huge cost.

0 comments: