I knew it was going to be a busy weekend, and I certainly wasn't wrong! But first things first, I must give some praise to God!! Let me begin with a little background. Last year before our trip to Disneyland, I took our dog in for her vaccinations. The main one she needed was her kennel cough vaccine. Our dog Lady is a member of the family. She is as good as a person in my book. She has helped me through some rough times like no person could. While we were away on our vacation I wanted to board her at a great place that is not like an average kennel. They let the dogs loose in the building, and the dogs have the freedom to play inside our outside. They are only caged for designated quiet times and bedtime. I felt really good about leaving her there. A week after her vaccinations, a few days before we were supposed to leave on our vacation Lady started coughing, she got pretty sick. You guessed it, she had kennel cough. I was so sad. It was so hard to see my puppy sick. I don't know how moms do it with their babies! Because she was sick, we couldn't take her to the place we wanted to board her. We ended up boarding her at the vets. I hadn't seen their boarding facility until I dropped her off. It was terrible, it was cold, and hard, loud, and just stressful. I left the building BAWLING. I was sobbing so hard on the phone when I called Mark to tell him, that he almost canceled our trip. Thoughts of our dog were looming over us the whole time we were gone. In the end it was kind of good that she was at the vet, because they had ti give her antibiotics. But it was so hard.
Fast forward to last week. We were planning on leaving our dog at Mark's mom's house, but with the memorial service we didn't know for sure that was going to work out, so last week we took her in to update her kennel cough vaccine. Thursday night while I was packing, she started coughing. She was coughing a lot. I was so bummed. I didn't want to leave town again with her sick. I ended up staying up very late that night. When I finally fell into bed, Lady crawled up onto the bed in between Mark and I. She layed with her head on the pillow next to me. I decided to exercise some thoughts from my "Believing God" bible study. I prayed for my dog completely believing that God cares about the desires of my heart, and the things that are important to me. I prayed that God would touch and heal Lady, and He did. I want to cry thinking about it. I know it may sound silly to some, but it was so important to me, and God knew!
The next praise came Friday evening on our way out of Boise. I was on the phone with my sister while I was driving. (Yes I know...) I was at a yield, waiting for a break in traffic, while giving my sister directions to my mother in law's house. I was about to go, and whack! The girl behind me ran into the back of my Explorer! GRRR! I was sure the weekend just went down the toilet, because my car was wrecked. I got out and looked, and there was barely a scratch on it!! The bumper on her pickup was crunched in quite a bit. Mark called 911. The city police officer called him back. In the end we exchanged information and got back on the road. After having been in 2 car accidents, this was a HUGE praise to me that there wasn't damage to our car, and no one was hurt!!
I was planning on giving a rundown of the whole weekend since my last blog entry in this post, but it's now 11 pm, and Mark is ready for bed. I'm starting to feel a little sleepy myself, so the update will wait for another day. Maybe tomorrow.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Praise the Lord!
Lovingly posted by
Niki
at
10:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment