Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hurry up and wait...

That seems to be a description of this whole process, and I think it will definitely be my theme over the coming weeks. I'm always looking forward to the next step. The next step gets here, and we wait some more. Right now I'm waiting for my period to arrive? How often in life does a woman look forward to and anxiously await the arrival of her period? That's what infertility will do to ya! Today was my third day of progesterone pills. Hopefully only a few days more. I'm anticipating my first ultrasound and blood work to be sometime next week. If not next week, then early the following week. OH how I hope that Labor Day doesn't cause a problem with this. I didn't even think about that one until now. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there!

In other news I had a realization yesterday that I am not the only one affected by the loss of our baby earlier this year. The week that we found out about our loss I ordered this necklace. I wear it often and think about our baby. Last night while I was getting dinner ready Mark came into the kitchen. He hugged me, and he picked up the pendant and kissed it. He said that our baby will always be close to our hearts. That really choked me up. Men and women deal with loss and grief so differently, that sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that was affected by this. What a very real reminder that it's not just me.

0 comments: