Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The ball is now rolling...

The title sounds almost like code doesn't it? It kind of is. Today is Cycle Day 1. Also known in infertility-speak as CD1, or more embarrassingly for the new visitors here--as the first day of my period. Why would you want to know about the first day of my period?? Because we are doing infertility treatments. Everything in a treatment cycle is based on the first day of the menstrual cycle.

Ahhhh, what a way to start the day! Today I started my day at the dentist at 7 am. I stood on my head for an hour. I had 3 different shots before I was fully numbed. I was cramping and uncomfortable. It was so much fun. I got to work on time. But it's so hard to talk on the phone as half my face is still numb. Luckily I haven't had too many customers this morning.

I called my clinic and scheduled my first appointment of the cycle. That will be for tomorrow afternoon. For this appointment they will be doing a baseline ultrasound. The purpose of this ultrasound is to make sure I don't have any ovarian cysts that could interfere with the treatment this cycle. Apparently a large cyst can cause the ovaries to react differently to the medications. I've heard of people having to cancel cycles because of leftover cysts. So I'm praying that I don't have that to worry about this month. In addition to the ultrasound tomorrow, I will also have blood work done tomorrow to check some of my hormone levels.

0 comments: