Monday, August 20, 2007

Busy weekend!!

OK, so we had a super busy weekend, so I'll just give you a quick recap of the events. Friday morning we left for Boise to attend Mark's grandpa's memorial service. It was so very nicely done. Mark wasn't terribly close to this grandpa, but I'm very glad we went. Mark learned several things about Grandpa Honey that he didn't know. They had a military service. His aunt made some really neat photo mementos for everyone that attended the service. Definitely something to tuck away to share with our children someday.

After the service we visited with family for a few minutes, then headed out of town (on the way out of town, we had the fender bender mentioned yesterday). Boise is 2 hours northwest of where we live. As soon as we left Boise, we headed back towards home, but that wasn't the destination. We met up with one of my sisters, and headed 3 hours southeast to Salt Lake City. Almost my entire immediate family was there (minus Justice, my 1 year old nephew). Saturday we spent the entire day at an amusement park called Lagoon. We had lots of fun. I took quite a few pictures. I'll post some later this week. On our way back to the hotel, I got terribly sick. I ended up stuck in the room while everyone else went out to dinner. Sunday we came home. It was so good to see my dog! I could definitely tell she missed us!

In other news, I finished my "Believing God" study yesterday!! :) We ate lots of junk food, and I gained some weight back :( And I've almost finished one blanket.

I hope you have a blessed week!

0 comments: