Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Total Confusion!!

My doctor's office FINALLY called at just before 5 today. (I had my blood drawn at 7:30 am yesterday--They have always gotten me same day results) My hcg went from 92 last week to 182 yesterday. Still extremely low for how many dpo (days past ovulation) I am. And it's definately not increasing appropriately for a pg. But what else would cause the hcg to continue increasing?? I started spotting at 21 dpo, and bleeding at 26 dpo. The bleeding changed back to spotting at about 30 dpo, and has continued as spotting. I'm now 37 dpo.

So what would cause my hcg levels to continue increasing??They want me to take MISOPROSTOL. I'm supposed to stick 4 pills where the sun don't shine. She said the side effects aren't pleasant, so she would recommend I don't take it tonight, but maybe wait till the weekend. Then they want a repeat blood test 4 days after I take the pills. I just about had a panic attack on the phone with her. My heart was racing. Everything in me wanted to scream that this isn't right! I'm just so confused.I had an ultrasound last Monday at 29 dpo, and it showed nothing anywhere. They were originally concerned that it was ectopic. So far I've had no specific pain. I've had aches and little cramps, but certainly nothing worse than a period. As far as that goes, my bleeding was never worse then a period.

0 comments: