Monday, March 12, 2007

Our baby is safe in the arms of Jesus

Thank you all for your prayers, but this was not our take home baby. The bleeding has continued throughout the weekend. I didn't think it was heavy bleeding, but after my ultrasound (which showed nothing, no sack, no "mass" in the tubes) the nurse said it was heavy bleeding. TMI - I did pass something yesterday that wasn't a clot. I can't be sure what it was, but I can guess.

They did another blood draw. Last Monday at 22 days past ovuation my hcg was 52. Today at 29 days past ovulation it was 93. So now we are in "Expectant Management." I am supposed to stop the progesterone. I have another blood draw next Monday. If the level hasn't gone down, I have to go for another ultrasound. They will continue to monitor until my hcg is back to 0.

Physically, I've had some discomfort, a little bit of cramping, but nothing major yet. I asked the nurse what to expect as far as the bleeding goes. She said it could be days or weeks.

Emotionally, I'm all over the place. Some moments I'm fine. Thankful to know that we were able to conceive, and ready to try again. Other moments, I can't seem to stop sobbing--Our baby is gone, and I don't know where to go from here.

0 comments: