Saturday, March 03, 2007

The cat is out of the bag...

Our initial plan was to wait until we could see something on an ultrasound (which will hopefully be in another couple of weeks) before telling our families. After more consideration we decided to tell our families sooner rather than later. Last night we told my family. I have my mom a "Classic Pooh" brag book. On the first page, I used stickers to spell out "See You in November." My mom had to read it several times before she fully understood. She dropped to her knees to thank the Lord. Her poor knees were hurting for awhile. She and sister had tears in their eyes. My dad seemed pretty excited too. My sister tried to explain to her 3 year old that Auntie Nik was going to have a baby. She wanted to know where the baby was, so I pointed to my tummy. She looked at my sister and said "I've gotta go check this out!"

Today we gave another brag book to Mark's mom. She was pretty confident something was going on with us. But thankfully she was very respectful not to ask any questions, but to wait until we told her. I really do appreciate that. I knew she had seen the medications and needles in the kitchen while we were in the treatment cycle, so she knew we were working on it again. Plus the fact that she came over to our house for lunch one day when I was sick in bed. She seemed very excied. She said it was perfect timing. Her other grandkids aren't babies anymore and she was ready for a new baby.

We decided that no matter how long we have this baby, it needs to be celebrated. This also gives more people a chance to be praying. Outside of family and very close friends, I still want to keep things fairly quiet. It is fun to know they are all excited!

0 comments: