Monday, March 26, 2007

Kitty Comfort

We have two cats named Ginger and Maryann that are 5 1/2 years old. They are petite little cats (only about 8-9 pounds each) but they aren't kittens anymore. They have such individual personalities. Maryann has a particular affection for a good blanket. She is particular about her blankets. They need to be a certain texture. Once she finds her blanket- even if it means crawling under other blankets to get to it- she latches on. Yes, she bites onto the blanket, and starts kneeding against whatever is in reach with her paws. The silly cat likes nursing on blankets! When I was roommates with Angie she used to sit with Angie and a good blanket almost every evening. Now most nights she lays down next to Mark. I've read that sometimes kittens that are taken from their mom too soon do this. But both Ginger and Maryann were from the same litter, and came to live with us at the same time, and only Maryann does it. She only does it before she goes to sleep. I think it's just her way of comforting herself, and winding down for the night.


0 comments: