Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What a mess!

Here's some background to the mess. Our insurance covers nothing for the treatment of infertility. Most policies don't. I never knew! So in order to save a buck wherever possible, our clinic is helping us get the medications from a phamacy out of state. It's a slight inconvenience, but well worth the savings.

So on Monday when I went to the doctor, they told me I'd need to get more medication than originally prescribed. So I called the pharmacy, paid for it over the phone, and he said he'd get it in the mail priority and I should have it the next day (yesterday). That was just perfect. Well... it WOULD have been perfect. Accept it didn't arrive with yesterday's mail. So I was in a bit of a panic. I was supposed to give myself the shot at 9:00 am this morning. I tried to call the dr's office, but couldnt get through to anyone. Apparently they were very busy! So I gave up, and scheduled a late lunch, so I could hopefully be home when the mail was delivered. I also called around and found another pharmacy in town that had what I needed in stock. Lots more than I wanted to pay, but it was a plan B.

In the end, the mailman came just as I was leaving to head back to work. So I grabbed the package and rushed back to work, and straight into the bathroom to give myself the shot. 4 hours later than I should have! OYE! OK, so not a mess, but still stressful for me!

In other news, Ovulation Prediction Kit (OPK) #1 was yesterday. It was negative, I'm not surprised. OPK #2 today was also negative. Once again, no surprise. I won't be surprised if I don't see one at all. But that's ok, my body has failed me on so many fronts, I have medication standing by to do the job! :) And I do mean I have the medication standing by, it's in a box on my kitchen counter, ready and waiting!

I have another follicle exam tomorrow, to check for mature follicles and the number of follicles. Please pray for the perfect number of follicles!

0 comments: