I'm now home and kicked back in my recliner. I just noticed a little spotting. I can't remember if I had that after my last IUI, but that after doing a little reading, I think it is to be expected.
We left early this morning and went to the clinic to "collect" the sample for insemination. After the collection, we left for an hour picked up something for Mark to eat. I felt too yucky to eat much more than some crackers. Then we went back to the clinic. I was amazed at how busy it was for a Sunday. After a few minutes we were taken back to an exam room. The NP told me to undress from the waist down, and I sat on the table with the lovely oversized papertowel covering my lap. Mark walked behind me to sit down in a chair, and he started giggling. He was looking at my exposed bum, and said "Did you know that was back there?"
"Yes dear, I knew my bum was there, it's been back there for 29 years now!"They seemed to leave me on the table FOREVER before they came in to do the IUI. She finally came in and told us the counts were great! I didn't tell her that we didn't follow directions, and we "been together" a day and a half ago. I didn't write down all of the numbers, but pre-wash was something like 174 mil, 72% motility, and post-wash was 41 mil with 94% motility. DH was proud. She gave us instructions on how to time intercourse for now. Nothing like being having your "lovelife" instructed by an outside party!
I start taking progesterone tomorrow once per day, in the evening. The purpose of this is to sustain the lining of the uterus and make a nice cozy place for little one(s) to snuggle into until they can test and make sure my body is releasing enough to sustain it. Some women continue this well into pregnancy. And now, we wait.
Sunday, February 11, 2007
And now we wait!
Lovingly posted by
Niki
at
9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment