As you may have noticed, I've been a little fearful of the injections with my current treatment protocol. This morning I woke at 6 am. For those who don't know me well this is SOOOOO far from ordinary for me. I don't wake that early on workdays when I have to leave for work at 7:40 am. I get up more like.... 6:45-7:00, and I don't know if "get up" is even the right term for it, probably more like "drag myself out of bed." Weekends... weekends are for sleeping in! I usually aim more for 9-10 am on the weekends. But this morning was different. I knew I had to give myself the first of the injections. I get nervous now just thinking about it.
Wanna see what all the worry was about?? (Excuse the freshly showered, no makeup messy haired me!) I felt so silly. I looked at it. Got it ready. Read my instructions. Picked it up again. Called for Mark to come in to the kitchen. Set it down again. Mark came to the kitchen and asked if he really had to watch. I didn't make him. He did stand behind me, and I asked him to count to 3, and when he counted to 3, I jabbed it in, and DIDN'T FEEL A THING!! Oh I felt silly. But I think Mark will have to count again tomorrow. I know I know, I'm silly!
Here it is a little closer since ya can't really see the needle (it's that tiny). I tried to label the picture, but now I can't read it. It says 1/2 inch needle.As for the rest of the day. Mark went for a drive with his dad and brother to look at tractors, and I did some shopping. I was a glutton for punishment and ended up in the baby sections of various stores. It started as excited anticipation, then it quickly became too much for me. Some days it doesn't pay to be alone with my thoughts. I called my mom and invited myself over. We ended up doing some shopping at Walmart, then had lunch at Pizza hut.
While we were at pizza hut, she told me about a possible adoption opportunity one of her clients told her about. It's very much a long shot. I've talked to Mark about it. It's definitely something we're open to, but certainly not something I'm going to get my hopes up for at this point in time. So for now we will pray for this baby, and for God's will in the situation. He will have to orchestrate it start to finish.
After lunch I helped Mom with a little cleaning and then she cut my hair. Then I came home to spend the evening with my husband. I tried to go to bed, and decided I had a bit to blog about tonight, so I got back up and here I am. Although it is late, and really time to be getting ready for bed. Especially if I'm going to wake myself up at 6:00 am tomorrow again! :)
Oh! And only 2 hot flashes today. Have I mentioned how much I love clomid?



0 comments:
Post a Comment