Saturday, September 01, 2007

Busy day at home

Today was a SUPER busy day at home. I have been doing what Mark now frighteningly calls "nesting." I am very hopeful for a pregnancy very soon. So I am doing my best to prepare my home. I'm trying to get things done that I wouldn't (or shouldn't) do while pregnant. I'm also trying to get the house clean from top to bottom so that in the coming weeks after the insemination, I can take it easy, and make "a happy place for babies."

Last night I got the grout on the new bathroom tile sealed twice. Today we got the toilet set back in place, and gave the bathroom a serious cleaning. I could eat in there right now. Better hurry if I want to do that before Mark heads in there... Oops, never mind. I really didn't want to anyway.

I've also finished up a few other little projects around the house while I still had my dad's nail gun and other miscellaneous tools. I feel so good about getting these things done! I'm tired, but it feels good! Tomorrow I plan to get my nightstand painted and hopefully my hair highlighted, and do some more cleaning. If I make enough progress this weekend, I may pull out the carpet cleaner and give them a good cleaning. Not sure on that one though.

I'll do more cleaning throughout the next week and if all goes well, I'm guessing I'll have the insemination as soon as next weekend. After that, I'll be taking it easy. I plan to do some crocheting, make several quilts, and maybe reorganize our closet. Earlier this year during my 2 week wait (2ww) I took down all of our curtains, washed and ironed them. It's been 7 months, so maybe I'll do that again too. In general, I'll just be keeping a low profile. I don't know that it's required, but if it gives a little one even the tiniest help in implanting and staying put, I'm all for it! I will be on a self imposed princess status.

Tomorrow morning I will take the last of my clomid. I've done very well on it this time as far as side effects go. I've experienced very little of the clomid crazies that I have in the past. I have been having hot flashes, a little light headed from time to time, and an occasional "visual disturbance." When I was on a clomid only protocol, my dose was twice what I am taking now, and oh how that messed with me. So glad not to have to go through that again!

1 comments:

Amy T. S. said...

Niki, you make me laugh. I picture you as this demure, petite little thing, then I have to add to it a nail gun and a tool belt. You're a regular Rosie the Riveter.

Please come over and nest at our house. My nest is built with twigs, scraps of paper, and leaves. Picture Templeton's sweet little home. My nesting all happens in my little head. The house looks really good in there.