Monday, September 10, 2007

Nothing new

Sooo.... I'm boring. Nothing exciting to report. I'm 4 days into the 2 week wait. Tick, tock, tick, tock. Wishing the month away! I spent the weekend relaxing. I made some blankets. One of the blankets, I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I'm going to take pictures. I can't post them yet. A couple of the blankets may just be for some of my pregnant blog readers. Making these blankets is almost like therapy for me. They are far from perfect, but they are made with love and prayers for the recipients. It's hard to let the ugly green jealousy monster come out while you're praying for someone. This just allows me to take my focus off myself and focus on blessing someone else.

I'm feeling very at peace right now. I would have thought that I would be more anxious. I'm just trying to trust that God has the right plan, and He has my best interest at heart. He sees a much bigger picture than I do in my little corner of the world. I can however imagine our nursery decorated around one of the blankets I made over the weekend. BIG SIGH!

3 comments:

Gioietta said...

(((Niki))) this post really inspired me today. You are right...it makes such a difference to be jealous, mad or angry when you pray for someone. I know it is still not hard, it isn't easy and I so wish you didn't have to struggle with IF. But I am so very thankful for the peace you have. I believe that is a prayer that God will always answer for He is peace and His spirit is peace. God Bless you in the 2ww! Thinking and praying for you, that you will always know how beautiful you are to God and many others!

Gioietta said...

P.S. I am sorry! This is Miriam from HP :) Found a link to your blog through Amy's :)

Amy T. S. said...

Yo. I crochet occasionally and made two baby afghans. The first one I just kept making, wondering who I was making it for. Then one day it came to me. ME! This one was for me! We were in the adoption process but didn't have any baby. I also really never used the afghan - it's too warm in Texas. But it was nice once it really felt like mine.

Note to everyone - Niki made me the most beautiful collage, I guess you'd call it, matching our baby's room, with a sweet poem about adoption, and a picture of our newborn son sleeping on my chest. It was the most precious gift I received. And don't let me leave out the adorable booties that look like Converse high tops. SO sweet - going on display soon in a shadow box near you. ;o)

God has really blessed me through you, Just Nik, and I'm sure countless others as well. Praise Him.