Still nothing exciting going on in my corner of the world. I'm halfway through this round of the waiting game. I've been wrestling back and forth at times with doubts. This is out of my hands. There is nothing I can do to help things along. Worry certainly isn't going to help.
I finished another blanket today. That makes 4! All were made with love and prayers for specific babies that are due to make their big arrivals in the next couple of months. All of these babies have moms that I was looking so forward to experiencing pregnancy with. And so I digress. That wasn't meant to be. That doesn't take away for one second the miracle of these babies. While making these blankets I've been praying for these babies; For their protection; For guidance for their parents to raise them to love Him; For their siblings. Maybe I'm selfish, but as I mentioned before, making these gifts is like therapy for me.
Ok, time for another biology lesson. What exactly could be going on inside me right now?? First we'll back up a step to last week. We skipped some steps, and after the swimmers went on a wild ride in the lab, they were injected directly into my uterus. The eggs are normally viable for 24 hours max, so timing is everything. The swimmers seek out the egg(s), and try to penetrate a tough membrane around the egg. Only one sperm can make it through the membrane. Conception!! Once conception has happened the cells begin dividing very quickly. Everything needed to keep the embryo alive at this point is contained in itself! It begins a week to ten day journey down the fallopian tubes and into the uterus where it needs to find a nice comfy place to nestle in. This is called implantation. So at this point if we have been blessed with a baby or two, they are probably just arriving in the uterus to search out a place to dig in. But they could still be floaters for a few more days. After implantation, the placenta forms, at which point they would be dependant on me for everything. Almost a frightening thought!!
I've had quite a bit of cramping and abdominal discomfort over the past few days. I've had a few other mild symptoms, but these things can be attributed to the progesterone support. So the waiting continues.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Yeah, so I'm pathetic...
Lovingly posted by
Niki
at
9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment