I know there are quite a number of people who read this blog that have some experience with infertility. On the flip side, there are probably just as many readers who have not. So there are some readers who see yesterdays news as a disappointment, and don't fully grasp the grief I have right now. It truly is grief. I have been cycling through phases of it since the phone call yesterday. From anger to denial. This wasn't just a disappointment. It was the death of a dream for yet another month. While I know it isn't true, I feel so broken and useless. I can't do what seems to be a God-given right for women. "Be fruitful and multiply..." just doesn't work for me.
Mark and I went out to dinner last night, and I brought up many of the options we have to go from here. I would love your prayers for direction. There are so many doors. I don't know where to go!
With this, I will leave you with a poem that has come to mean a great deal to me. Looks like I need to soak this in a bit more and live it.
Broken Dreams
As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my Friend.
But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How can you be so slow"--
"My child," He said, "what could I do?
You never did let go."
-Author Unknown
Mark and I went out to dinner last night, and I brought up many of the options we have to go from here. I would love your prayers for direction. There are so many doors. I don't know where to go!
With this, I will leave you with a poem that has come to mean a great deal to me. Looks like I need to soak this in a bit more and live it.
Broken Dreams
As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my Friend.
But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How can you be so slow"--
"My child," He said, "what could I do?
You never did let go."
-Author Unknown



2 comments:
I just came back from vacation so I am trying to catch up with everything. I peaked at your blog to see how things were going for you.
I am so sorry! I hurt deeply for you my cyperspace friend! Words are not enough. Just know that I am thinking of you!
(((Nicki)))
My heart is breaking too. Thanks for sharing that poem. It is hard to let go of dreams and let God bring his dreams into our lives instead. I can't imagine how hard it is right now, and I am grieving with and for you. Love, Miriam (HP)
Post a Comment