Saturday, January 26, 2008

Healing

My tush has begun the healing process, unfortunately I think my heart is a ways behind. For those who have not done intensive fertility treatments. Let me just give you a peek. Over the last month of this process my back side had at least 25 needle in it. In addition to that, I had 7 blood draws. That's a whole lot of needle sticks. Three of the blood draws were this last week. I have some bruising on my arm from this. My back side is a bit more unfortunate. We had a couple of injection issues this week. One was an injection site reaction that was feared to be infection. I had to go to the doctor to be checked out. To make things a little easier I went to my local family doctor. He's such a sweet sweet man. He asked how I was doing. I told him fine. Then he asked how I was really doing, emotionally was more his concern. Of course that brought on the water works. This was the day before my beta, but even then I was fearing the worse.

So the healing begins. I don't know where we go from here. I really don't. I am a very blessed person. I know this. There aren't many things that I truly want that I don't have. Mark has been asking me for weeks what I want for my birthday. My mom asked me the same question the other day. I don't know what to tell them. There's not an easy (legal) way for either of them to get me a baby. I want to be content with what I have. Great, here comes the tears again. I guess I better go remove the counter on the side of the page now....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Niki, I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Haven't said much yet because I know there are no words that could really offer much comfort right now. But I do want you to now that I am thinking and praying for you both. I'm so very sorry.

Much Love,
Kayla

Anonymous said...

Niki I am so sorry. I am grieving for you. For your sweet children that never saw your face. You are loved and cared about! Praying for you friend!