I have a whole new respect for women who have to endure months of bed rest. This is nuts! I'm on day 3. I'm allowed to be up for bathroom, bathing and meals. It's not strict bed rest, but they did request I not go to work, and stay in bed as much as possible. I think I've done a pretty good job. Mark has done a great job of taking care of us, and our family has brought some meals over, in addition to the food I had already frozen. Mark says we're eating better now than when I'm up and around. Lady has done a great job of keeping me company. She moves with me from the bed to the recliner and back. I think she is completely enjoying the bed rest.
So far, I've done a bit of reading, played some computer games (difficult when laying down), made 1/2 a scarf with my knifty knitter, watched a whole lot of tv, and slept quite a bit too. Mark has been covering an early shift at work this week, so I've had to wake up early myself so he can give me my morning shot. Speaking of shots....... OUCH! Did I mention something earlier in the week about how the shots weren't so bad. I think I may have mentioned that I would probably be singing a different tune before too long. I was right on that part. It smarts. The progesterone in oil is thick. We warm it before drawing it into the syringe, and that helps thin it out, but it still leaves lovely knots in the muscles for a few days after each shot. So we are rotating the shots around the circles drawn on my behind by the nurse. Other than that, nothing exciting.... just resisting the urge to take a pregnancy test. It's far too early. I know this.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Bedrest boredom
Lovingly posted by
Niki
at
2:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh, Nik, I have something I've been meaning to send you, and it would have been good during your bed rest. It's hard for me to get out, but I think I could send it tomorrow. I hope so!
It's in the mail as of Tues., 1/22
Post a Comment