Thursday, November 22, 2007

Victory

We did it. We were in fact victorious! I woke up at 4 am this morning. It was the normal wake up call. My dear sweet husband sawing logs. No, not literally sawing logs, but sounds like it. The boy can snore! Alas I fear he has taken after his father. This means 5 nights out of 7, I end up in the spare room. I always start out in our bed with Mark. Lately, I most often don't make it through the night. Lady and I retreat to the quiet cold of the other end of the house. Haha, the other end of the house sounds like we have a big house. Yes, I go to the guest wing. Really our house is 1300 square feet. Comfortable, but not huge. The master bedroom, bathroom and closet are on one side of the house, the kitchen dining room and living room are in the middle, and the 2 other bedrooms and bathroom are on the other side. But, I digress.

Where was I? Oh yes, Lady and I retreating to the guest wing. So we get in there, I doze off for about 15 minutes, and wake up again. So I decided to get up, and get myself dressed to brave the cold. I squeezed my extra large bum into my medium long johns, and a couple of other layers, and went to wake Mark up. We left the house shortly before 5 AM. We went to Burger King to grab a quick bite to eat, and then it was off to Kmart to wait in line for the ever elusive Nintendo Wii. We've been talking about buying one for the last month or so, but they have proved to be next to impossible to find. We got the hint from several stores to "check back after Thanksgiving" *wink wink* Meaning they have some, but they are saving them for the big shopping days. Kmart had Wii's in their Thanksgiving Day sale ad. So there we waited. There were probably a dozen people ahead of us, give or take a few. Some of them were together though, so we felt safe when the Kmart lady came out and started listing how many of each of their big ticket items they had in stock. They had 8 Wii's. We knew it would be close, so we decided to wait it out.

At 6:45, she came out to pass out vouchers for to the first people in line for the big ticket/limited quantity items that they had been waiting for. Once the store opened, we just had to take those vouchers to the service desk to purchase the items. No wrestling needed! Great system, right? Should be, but it's not so great when greedy people get involved. The first couple in line each got a voucher for the Wii. Then once the Kmart lady went back into the store people started leaving because they had waited an hour and a half only to find out they weren't going to get what they came for, and the doors weren't even open. The lady from the front of the line started walking down the line saying she really didn't need two Wii's, but she had waited a really long time in line, longer than anyone else, so she'd be willing to SELL HER VOUCHER! Makes my blood boil just thinking about it. Some guy bought it for $50.00 $50.00 just for the ability to be able to purchase the Wii in the store.

Oh well, we did get our Wii, and we're enjoying it, but it still bums me out that the very nice lady in line right behind us didn't get one after waiting in line just a few minutes less than Mark and I, all because of someone else's greed. That's all she was there for, so she left when we got the last voucher. GRRR! Some people.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was well worth the wait yahoo....!!! Now we can settle any disputes with Wii Boxing LOL!!!