Saturday, November 03, 2007

Psych Eval--Check!

Our progress continues to amaze me. I'm not so sure why. Why should I be surprised? We really feel like God is opening these doors for us. We had already planned for a few days away this week. We took Thursday and Friday off of work and came to Boise. We got a hotel for both nights, and have had a fantastic time. We've seen friends and family, we've dined out and just had a great time just being with each other. We will head back home tomorrow afternoon. Since we were already going to be here in Boise, I made a call and got our Psych Evaluations done while we were here! Worked out beautifully.

From my understanding, Psych Eval's aren't just required by my clinic, but for use of 3rd party reproductive assistance in general. By 3rd party, I mean the use of donor sperm, eggs, embryos or surrogates. The evaluation was a great opportunity for Mark and I to talk things out with an objective third party and make sure we're both on the same page, and make sure we've really thought about everything. We are both just as dedicated to following this path as we were before. After our time visiting with the therapist, we had to each complete a written evaluation. 567 true/false questions. YUCK. Didn't enjoy that one so much. Took more than a couple of minutes to finish. Mark was much quicker than I. He took a break and went out and check on Lady, and came back, and went to the bathroom, had a snack, and still finished more than a hundred questions ahead of me!

So that's one more thing checked off of our list! Very, very exciting to me. One thing that has been weighing on me is the financial aspect of all of this. Even though we aren't doing a full invtro process, there are still substantial costs involved, and there are some costs unique to the donor program, but God continues to provide for us. We decided to borrow from my 401k. I talked with my company's human resources a couple of weeks ago to see if this was an option. She told me it was, and sent me the paperwork. It took some time, but I compiled a list of anticipated expenses involved, as those had to be submitted with the loan application. I sent those to my company's corporate office on Tuesday. They arrived on Wednesday. I called Wednesday afternoon to make sure they had received everything. (I was nervous because we're starting these appointments, where we will have to pay out of pocket, and don't have the money to cover all of them!) She assured me they had received everything, and she would notify the committee that they would need to meet to review my request. So I was thinking a week or two. She called me the NEXT morning to let me know everything had been approved. This was not even 48 hours after I put it in the mail! Since we were already on our way to Boise, we stopped by and finished off the promissory note and wire transfer instructions. She seemed to think the money should be in our account by sometime next week. What a huge blessing, and yet another confirmation to us!

0 comments: