Monday, November 12, 2007

It's the Hurry-up and Wait Game!

For the last month, I've had things to get in order. Things to get done. Things to keep me occupied. From that first inquiry a month ago to see if Embryo Adoption could finally be an option for us, there has been a lot to do. What started out as a daunting list of things to complete, has come together like I could have never imagined.

In the last month, I've gotten our the financing together. That alone I expected would take a month or more, but less than a week from sending the application in, the money is ready and waiting in our bank account. We've reviewed the list of embryos available at our clinic, and selected the ones for us. They initially were no longer available, but with one phone call from the clinic, they are ours! There was testing to be done. A psychological evaluation to be done on both of us. One week from my first call to inquire about the evaluation, it's done! A saline ultrasound to ensure there is no uterine abnormalities to interfere with the implantation of our precious little embryos. There was quite a tight window that this test had to be done in. It had to be between days 6 and 10 of my menstrual cycle. Oh yeah, and the doctor that needs to do this test works between clinics in two different states, so hopefully my (normally non-existent)cycle lines up with his schedule for November, because he's only going to be in the office 2 days in December. Worked out perfectly! That's the test I had done last Tuesday. I had to have some more blood work done, to ensure I haven't contracted any diseases in the last year.
The prescriptions are called in (I had this done to nail down the amount of financing I needed to secure). Check. Check. Check. Check. Check. Check. It's all done!

For the last several weeks, I carried around my notebook, so I could have everything together and handy when I needed it. I prepared my questions there so they were easily available when I talked to my coordinator. I'm completely amazed at how things have come together. I couldn't have forced this if I had tried! I wish there was something to occupy me right now, but alas, I wait. About the only thing I can do to prepare right now is take my birth control pills for the next 34 days. Other than that, I just need to have my prescriptions filled and get a new sharps container before our appointment on December 20.

For now, it's just hurry up and wait! Any ideas to occupy my time for the next 63 days until transfer? I have this nervous, excited anticipation knot in my stomach every time I think about it.

0 comments: