Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wonderful Christmas, and cycle progress

I'm happy to report that we had a wonderful Christmas. Christmas Eve, I worked all day. After work we went to my parents house for the evening. We played had dinner, my mom provided gifts for a gift exchange accompanied by a cute little story about the "Wright Family." Every time the word right, write, Wright etc was said, gifts had to be passed to the right. Every time left was said, gifts had to be passed to the left. We finished off the evening with family with a little boxing and other games on the Wii. Lots of laughs and fun. Christmas morning we went to my sister's house for gifts with my side of the family. Then about noon we went to Mark's parents house for gift exchange with their family, and lunch. We started a movie, but came home before the movie was over.

We finished off the evening with Mark giving me a shot of Estridol Valerate. This was my second injection of this cycle. However Mark's mom gave me the first shot, to demonstrate technique for Mark. I'm happy to report Mark did fantastic. I barely felt a thing! So at least we know the twice weekly injections of the Estridol shouldn't be a problem. The jury is still out on the Progesterone in Oil. That is a larger needle, thicker oil, larger amount to be injected, and it's daily. I'm still not to excited about that part, but it's part of the process. Tomorrow I will go for a blood test to monitor my estrogen levels. They want to make sure I have a "therapeutic level" in my blood. From what the nurse practitioner explained to me, too much E2 acts as a contraceptive, too little won't build up the lining of my uterus in time for our transfer. Lots of needles involved with this process.

0 comments: