Friday, December 21, 2007

We're on our way!!

We had our plan of care meeting, lining check ultrasound, and injection training yesterday. It was a very informative meeting. We have our appointment times set up for lining checks and our transfer!! SO Exciting!

All is well with my lining. It's right where it should be for the beginning of my cycle. The cyst that was found in my last ultrasound early November has started collapsing. All is well, we're on our way! Our coordinator gave us some consents to sign, and some more consents to take with us and read through and bring back to the next lining check. We reviewed the medications, and how to give the injections. I now have a large black sharpie circle drawn on each bum cheek as targets for Mark. The first injection was today. We will continue to do these injections twice a week. In addition to this set of injections, we both began a 10 day course of antibiotics to ward off any underlying infections, and I began a daily regimen of low dose aspirin. Lots and lots to keep track of. I will go for blood work in a little less than a week to check my estrogen levels. From that they will adjust my medication levels for injections.

Tonight was the first injection. Although we had targets on my bum, we both felt best about having Mark watch a professional do a shot once before he started. It just so happens Mark's mom is a nurse. We went by her office after work, and I prepared the medication, the three of us stepped into the bathroom, and she gave me the shot. I really didn't feel it. Gives me happy feelings for what is to come. I was dreading these injections. I should mention these are intramuscular injections, not subcutaneous as I have given myself before. For those new to this journey, or just following along on our journey, intramuscular means a bigger needle, given into the muscle, subcutaneous is just under the skin, with a skinny little tiny needle.

In other news, Mark and I stayed at a wonderful theme suite bed and breakfast last night. This was our third stay there. We stayed for our wedding night, and one night last week. It's such an expensive place, but so well worth it in our books. It's a wonderful time together reconnecting and just being with each other. Tomorrow I will post pictures of our stay in "Sleeping Beauty's Castle."

1 comments:

ANGELS_HEART said...

I WISH YOU BOTH THE BEST OF LUCK.THERE IS NOTHING IN THE WORLD LIKE HAVING A FAMILY.I HAVE HELPED COUPLES WITH THEIR DREAMS TO HAVE A FAMILY AND I HAVE FIVE OF MY OWN CHILDREN.IT IS A GIFT THAT I HAVE TO GIVE AND WHO'S TO SAY I CAN'T SHARE THAT GIFT.MUCH LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.