Monday, May 25, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

We've had a busy weekend, and when I stop and think about the week to come, it's going to be a busy one as well!!

Our weekend started Friday after work. We headed to Mark's parents house to do some handyman work. MIL had "hired" us to do some things for them. She was doing quite a bit of work around the house, and there were several other paid workers there. So I didn't feel bad that we were being paid to do stuff there too. We got home at about 11:30 that night after changing out several light fixtures and starting to change out hinges in the kitchen. Saturday morning started earlier than I planned, and we headed out for another full day of work at their house. We changed more hinges, removed three bathroom mirrors. Sadly the only way to remove the mirrors was to destroy them. Good thing we're not superstitious! We headed home on Saturday evening to plans of spending the rest of the long weekend at home relaxing.

Sunday morning after church Mark's dad called to say their back steps had broken. He wanted to patch them with some plywood, but my father's personality in me would not allow that. So we took some lumber out to repair them. In the end we completely rebuilt them. So that took the entire afternoon (including another trip to town for Mark to get more lumber). I was seriously sore when we got home Sunday evening, with further promises not to do anymore work for the weekend.

This morning I slept in a bit. It was quite nice. I woke to Mark bringing me a donut and orange juice. How sweet! He had turned off my phone so I wouldn't be disturbed. Later in the morning he noticed that I had a missed phone call. I listened to my voice mail and it was someone calling about a job application I submitted last week (and can I just say THANK YOU to Kayla for her help with my job apps). She was very interested in interviewing me.

So this week I have two job interviews for the two jobs I have applied for. I have an evening meeting, etc. Just a busy busy week coming up! When this week is over I will have finished my last full week at my current job. I've been there just shy of 8 years. It seems surreal. A week from today I will go to my last day of this job. It will be a short day, probably just an hour to wrap things up and turn in my key and company ID.

We are also very seriously exploring new family options. You may be able to guess what that means. I'll let you. We would appreciate your continued prayers as we explore this further! Could get exciting!

2 comments:

Thelma said...

Very exciting! Staying tuned!

'cyless'

Kayla-la said...

Hooray for the interview opportunities! Google behavioral interviewing for some ideas on how to prepare for some of those oh so fun interview questions!!!