Monday, June 01, 2009

Beginning and Ending...

Today is a day of ending. Today I walked away from what I have called my job for the last 8 years. This wasn't how I would choose to end this chapter in my life. But the choice wasn't mine. I'm thankful that I was given ample time to prepare for this. That was the ending from today.


Today is also a day of beginning. Today I mailed off our adoption application. The beginning of a new chapter!
I'm looking for another job. I had two interviews last week. I know for sure I didn't get the job I really wanted. I haven't heard back on the other one, and I'm going to keep looking. I'm ok though! I have a lot to get done in the mean time.

5 comments:

Esther said...

Niki
I've been thinking alot of you lately. I have no words and I know that this is bittersweet for you. I know that I in no way can compare my journey with yours. Our roads and we start different seasons in our lives at various stages in our lives. I often wonder why IF is so long for others and so short for some. Why we have to endure so many losses just when we feel like our faith is so clear but yet so foggy. Bittersweet because this is the beginning of your journey to adoption but yet acknowledgement to stop pursuing throught art's. I know the feeling. That isn't reassuring I know...nothing is reassuring except that God's love for us! Love you Niki
esther

Becky said...

I was guessing this is what you were hinting at in your last post. I am very excited for you. I pray God's blessing upon this next leg of your journey. I know that it can also be hard to face the end of IF treatments. I am in that place right now as well. I know I need to sever my last ties by canceling out of the shared risk program and giving away my leftover Follistim, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. I haven't announced it on my blog yet, but it looks like our journeys are going to be heading in similar directions. I am so glad to be walking this path with you.

Amy T. S. said...

I am so excited about this new chapter. I'm praying that you will find it healing.

Anonymous said...

I am excited to hear about your new adventures. From our experience, adoption is a fabulous choice!

The Pifer's said...

Ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers!