Sunday, May 17, 2009

Anniversary

6 years ago today I married the love of my life. It's been quite a ride. We've had ups and downs. The downs have gone low. But through it all I've had an amazing companion. This is not what I had planned for our marriage. I'm sure it's not what Mark had planned either. But I wouldn't trade it. I love my husband. I'm so thankful for every moment I've had with him. We're preparing for a new leg of our journey. I have no idea where it will take us. But I couldn't pick a better person to be on the ride with me.

We started or celebration early this weekend. Friday after work we zipped off to Boise. We went to the Melting Pot fondue restaurant. We had a wonderful dinner. Then we went miniature golfing. Not something we usually do, but fun! I thought for sure I beat him. Turns out we tied. How appropriate. Mark thought so too. He said it's exactly how we compliment each other. On the holes I didn't do so well on, he did great, and when I did well, he not so much. We drove home very late. We got home at 1:30 am. Took a little while to unwind before heading to bed. I didn't sleep in nearly as late as I planned to for such a late night out. We both took a nap Saturday afternoon. Very unusual for Mark. He slept for about an hour. He woke me up after 4 hours! YIKES!! This of course made it a little difficult to get a normal night of sleep Saturday night. I overslept on Sunday. We spent the day together. All in all a wonderful weekend!

Mark, thank you for a wonderful weekend, but even more than that, a wonderful 6 years! I can't wait to see what the future has for us. I love you!

2 comments:

Mark said...

I love You to baby

Thelma said...

A little late, but happy anniversary, you two!