Thursday, March 13, 2008

Visit to the eye doctor

My eye doctor about our IF. Every year when I list the medications I'm on, it comes up. Last year both Mark and I had back to back eye doctor appointments the day after our positive beta. In fact, if Mark hadn't been with me when I got positive beta call, my plan was for him to find out on the vision chart at the eye doctor. Anyway, one of the questions was "are you pregnant or nursing." He was very excited for us when he saw I marked yes. So he noted my chart.

I've been dreading our appointments this year. Absolutely dreading it... I KNEW it would come up again. The eye doctors we go to are father and son. We usually see the son. I've only seen the father once. We had the father today. So I thought, maybe, just maybe it wouldn't come up. I got through most of the appointment, and finally it happened. He asked if we had a little boy, or little girl. I told him that we lost the baby. This was the part I was dreading. With this week's anniversaries, I was afraid the waterworks would be turned on. I was so afraid of this, that I almost called ahead of time to tell them that I miscarried, and not to ask. That way I could take care of my emotions in private. In the end, I decided not to. I choked back a few tears. But it turned out ok. He was very sympathetic. He said that has to be one of the hardest things a person can go through in life. He said that his son (the one we usually see) and his wife lost their first baby, and he knew how it effected them.

The crazy thing about this is I've been dreading it (I know, I've mentioned that a couple of time already) and it's over. But I still feel panic when I think about it. What's up with that? There's nothing to be worried about now. Anyway, there's a peak into my messed up mind!

0 comments: