Sunday, March 30, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking

I've mentioned digital scrapbooking in several posts since my birthday. I've looked into it before. The idea intrigued me. Over the last few years, I have bought a couple of cheapo programs, but they didn't allow for much creativity. Just dropping pictures in their templates. Last fall I tried out a free program from Creative Memories. The catch with the free version is that you have to purchase the scrapbook in a hard bound book format directly from Creative Memories. While I'd like to do this for some projects. I know I didn't want to for all. The other thing with the free version was you couldn't manipulate, add or delete elements on the page. Like the cheapo programs, it was just a matter of dropping in pictures, and adding text. Where they differ is in offering a full function version for sale. I thought about it for months, and decided that's what I wanted for my birthday. That's what Mark got me. What a wonderful investment it's been. I don't have to order a whole book. I can print individual pages at home. I've ordered quite a few pages from Costco. They turned out beautifully. I've done so many pages with this program, and I LOVE IT! I can change anything within the layout. I've had a great time with it. I even have possibility of some very large projects for other people in the works.

Here is a project I've been working on. It still needs a lot of work. These pages all have a very similar look. I started them with the intent of using them for a profile when we were looking into adopting. I did the bulk of the work on them in the free version of the creative memories program, so I haven't done all of the extra manipulating and changing on the pages. In addition to that, I don't have the journaling done on most of them, but you get the idea!














2 comments:

Kayla Said said...

Ok - that is soooo cute!!! I would so pay to have someone do that for me. Maybe we should talk...

Shannon2-24 said...

It was fun to see your scrapbook.
Your wedding picture of your veil blowing in the wind in front of your kiss is sooo pretty!!

Pretty wedding dress.. I like how it comes up high~ square-necked & the straps. Gorgeous.

God bless you two!