One year ago today was a Monday. I woke up early. I had to go to the hospital lab and have blood drawn for a beta hcg blood test (aka blood pregnancy test). It was a mere formality. Something my clinic has all of their patients do at the conclusion of a treatment cycle. I had already done a home pregnancy test. Of course it was negative. I almost skipped out on the blood draw, but I did it anyways. I went to work after the blood draw. On my way home for lunch, I talked on the phone with Mark. I couldn't see how we could afford to do another treatment cycle anytime soon. Maybe we just needed to focus on other things. We both cold stand to lose some weight. That was the sum of the conversation. While I was at home, just as I was getting ready to head back to work. My cellphone rang. It was a nurse, calling to tell me they had the results of my blood work. My hcg was 9. 9 is a positive in some ways. But not a very solid one. She told me there was cause for concern of a tubal pregnancy, or an early miscarriage. She knew then that there was very little chance for our baby. I was pregnant. I was a mom. What I had wanted for so long was here. I should have felt joy. Instead I felt numb. I didn't get a chance to feel that joy. When we told people of the pregnancy, it was always tempered with "but pray... they say it doesn't look good." I remember so many details of that day...
This journey has many hills and valleys. Right now I seem to be in a poorly lit valley. I told a friend this a couple of days ago. This morning it came to me... You don't go from a valley to a hill without a little climbing. I can't just expect to magically appear on the hilltop. I really don't know what's next for us. I wish I do. I hate not having a plan. I fill like I'm sitting on my hands here. Add into the mix difficult anniversaries... makes for some tough days. I'm trying to keep busy. That helps. What helps more is the prayers so many people are praying for us. Thank you all! Please, please, keep em coming.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Difficult Anniversaries
Lovingly posted by
Niki
at
9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment