Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Happy Birthday Emma

TWO YEARS OLD!!!!  A princess party is in order.  What’s the first thing you need for a princess party?  I’d say a dress.

So how cute is this for a princess dress??  My friend Kristy made it for Emma for her birthday.

DSC_4178.NEF

Look at the beautiful details.

DSC_4179.NEF

Emma’s friends Hudson and Tate delivering the princess dress before the party.

DSC_4187.NEF

While Emma was napping before the party, I was busy filling up balloons.  Fifty of them! :)

DSC_4190.NEF

A chair fit for a birthday princess.  Made by mommy of course.

DSC_4191.NEF

Em’s little friend Lily.  Isn’t she adorable?

DSC_4197.NEF

The princess makes her entrance.

DSC_4199.NEFDSC_4200.NEF

It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to. (Really she was just sad that someone needed to use her bedroom for a minute to wrap a gift.  She thought they were playing in there without her.)

DSC_3472

DSC_4205.NEF

The cake.  This was a real team effort.  The base cake was a Costco cake.  I got that, really just because I like them.  They are tasty.  The princess cake I made and put the fondant on ahead of time.  The flowers I made ahead of time too.  I ran out of time just before the party, Em’s Grandee (my mom) finished putting everything together.  My dear friend Kristy made the chocolate mold crowns ahead of time.  I’m really pleased with how it turned out.

DSC_4206.NEFDSC_4207.NEFDSC_4209.NEFDSC_4212.NEFDSC_4214.NEF

Our little family.  This makes my heart tingle.

DSC_4216.NEF

The spread.  Finger foods, lemonade and cake.  What more could you ask for?

DSC_4217.NEFDSC_4218.NEFDSC_4219.NEFDSC_4224.NEFDSC_4225.NEF

Friends and family together to celebrate Emma.

DSC_4222.NEFDSC_4227.NEFDSC_4226.NEFDSC_4229.NEFDSC_4236.NEFDSC_4238.NEFDSC_4244.NEF

Every princess needs a tool pouch, right?

DSC_4247.NEFDSC_4250.NEFDSC_4251.NEFDSC_4252.NEFDSC_4253.NEFDSC_4256.NEFDSC_4257.NEFDSC_4258.NEF

What a great day.  I was sad that several people weren’t able to make it to the party.  But I was thankful for everyone who did come.  Especially the Aunts that had a long drive! 

Birthday Princess 2

(A special thank you to my mom, Kristy and of course Mark for all of your help with the party!)

0 comments: