Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Halloween 2011

I got these sparkly red shoes on clearance at Walmart last year.  I tried them on her this summer, and they fit.  She wore them a few times, and every time, someone would comment on how they looked like Dorothy’s ruby red shoes.  And a costume idea was born.

So we had the shoes, we had the tights, we had the white shirt.  I needed a dress.  I found light blue gingham on sale… once again at Walmart, for 1.50 a yard, buttons for .67, a thrift store basket for .50, and a little stuffed puppy for 3.00.  All in all a pretty cheap costume.  We ended up seeing lots of other Dorothy costumes, but I thought Em was the cutest. Not like I’m biased or anything.

DSC_3698DSC_3676_1DSC_3681_1

I’m not huge into Halloween, but we took Em out trick or treating up and down our little street.  She did great.  It was fun to experience it with her.  We got back at about 7.  She started crying saying she had to go potty.  When I took her in the bathroom she whimpered “night, night.” She kept at it and was quite insistent. So we did our bedtime routine…. a full hour earlier than normal.  Now understand this, my kid NEVER wants to go to bed.  She usually puts up some sort of fight, and I honestly can’t think of a time in the last year and a half that she was asleep at 7:30 pm.   She ended up sleeping for 14 hours straight.  That walk up and down the street must have just worn her out!

0 comments: