Sunday, October 16, 2011

Another installment of “backseat conversations”

We have chosen to practice extended rear facing with Emma.  This means that we chose not to turn Emma’s car seat to forward facing at one year old and 20 pounds.  She is now two years old and 30 pounds and still rear facing (and still perfectly content with it too I might add).   We made this decision in large part because of this youtube video.  For more information about extended rear facing, read this.  One year and 20 pounds is not recommended, it’s the minimum allowed.  {off my soap box now}

So because Emma’s car seat is rear facing, she only sees us in her mirror.  She’s almost always alone in the back seat.  She has some of the funniest conversations with herself. 

Today’s installment of backseat conversations – Emma’s in her car seat snacking on a bowl of dry cheerios.  I can only guess that she dropped some, and that is what lead to this dialogue. “Oh nuts. Oh nuts!  OH SNAP!” 

I nearly ran off the road.  It was hilarious.  I love that kid!

0 comments: