Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Great Playhouse Build of 2011--we have walls

Well, a couple of them anyway.

I woke up early this morning.  Emma did not.  Emma usually doesn't.  Now that I'm home full time, this works well for me.  I'm not a morning person.  But since I was up, I decided to get to work in the garage.  I had thought about painting the rails that I have built.  But The more I thought about it, I decided to go ahead and finish out a couple of walls.  The plan is now to build the whole playhouse, dry fit it in the room, then take it back out to the garage and paint it and bring it back to her room and do the final assembly.

So, today while Em slept in this morning, and then again while she napped this afternoon I got the back wall, and the two side walls of the stairway.  I have the front wall and rail to build, and the end wall and rail.  I'm well past half done--with the building at least. 

side wall of stairs-with modification so the window is not blocked.

side wall and back wall


both stairway walls built.

I will probably not have any progress on it for a few days.

0 comments: