Saturday, February 05, 2011

The Great Playhouse Build of 2011--it's HUGE!

Since my last post, I have completed the assembly of the remaining rails and walls.  Those walls have been assembled in Emma's bedroom.  This thing is HUGE!  I measured everything out in her bedroom long before I started building.  I measured correctly.  I knew it would be large.   But the real life thing bed seems so much bigger than I imagined. I had a moment of panic.  But I'm warming back up to it.

Now that the walls of the playhouse are together, I now will work on the storage aspects I have planned for the playhouse.  In the next couple of days, I plan on getting a bookshelf built.  Then the storage stairs.  After those things are built, it's all about the icing!!

So here are some pictures of the progress.

The walls are up and painted.

The window frame and shutters.

frame and shutters painted and installed--and begging for a window box

playhouse front with door frame and window, and trim installed--and the window box that window was begging for


side by side view--look at what a difference the details make!


0 comments: