Friday, October 16, 2009

Look at those lips!


Look at that face!!  Kissable isn't it?  I think it is.  We've had a rough go of it this week.  I've wanted to be a mom for so long, and then it happens.  We're entirely responsible for another human being.  The decisions I make effect her.  She hasn't been feeling well.  First she was constipated.  Poor thing was so uncomfortable.  I switched her formula to see if that would help.  She was on the new formula for about 30 hours before I decided that was for the birds!  She was no longer constipated.  She went the other way if you know what I mean...  She had horrible gas, and was absolutely miserable.  If you've been around a miserable baby, you know that that makes a miserable house.  I switched her back to the original formula today and she already seems better.  There's my decision making.  I should have gone with my gut on this one. Live and learn.  We switched doctors today.  I think we're really going to like the pediatrician.  He said she's doing great.  Everything looked and sounded good.  She's gaining weight wonderfully.

One of the nurses at the hospital where Emma was born talked to me.  She told me that everyone would have advice.  But there is no one in the world who is an expert on THIS baby right now.  But she said to give it a few months and I would be the expert on her.  I guess we'll find out.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

ahhhhh love those lips!!! I see a future flutist in your midst!! haha