Our appointment today went as well as can be expected. We started in a waiting room full of about 20 huge pregnant bellies. I had a hard time with this. Once Mark arrived, I hid in the corner behind something and cried. We waited about 20 minutes there. Then we went to the exam room. The ultrasound tech was the same one we had for the previous ultrasound. There was no change in the baby. Same exact size and no heartbeat, but looked perfect. She said she would go get the doctor. I asked if I should get dressed or not. She said she thought so, but wasn't sure, so she would go check. She never came back, so I sat there half naked with my over sized paper towel over my legs. We waited there about 30 minutes.

Doctor came in and said "So, looks like you're pregnant." Neither Mark or I responded. My friend warned me of this particular doctor's strange bedside manor (But also told me she had complete confidence in him, and out of all the doctors in the practice, he would be her first choice). He commented on how perfect the baby looked, which surprised him for stopped growth nearly 3 weeks ago. He said he wanted to take a look, because when it comes to stuff like this he doesn't trust anyone but himself. He got a call from Labor & Delivery, but asked the nurse to take a message. It felt good that we didn't get pushed aside. He went over our options and the pro's and con's of each. We opted to go ahead with the D&C. He said he would go start the scheduling process for tomorrow. Then no one came back... for about 20 minutes. Dr had to go ahead and go to L&D, and the surgery schedule was temporarily MIA, so they would have to call me back to let me know. The rest of the details are boring (not that any of this story has been exciting). D&C scheduled for tomorrow.
Here is baby's final picture. I asked for a copy of it. Looks perfect to me. I found it comforting and heartbreaking at the same time. No one said the emotions of this process made any sense. I asked if we could find out the gender without doing the full panel of genetic testing and the nurse said no. It's all or none. I'm going to ask the doctor tomorrow if I can. There's no point in doing the genetic testing as this baby is no genetic relation, but I'd really like to know the gender.




2 comments:
I am sorry for the heartbreaking appointment. Your baby is precious. I hurt for your pain through all of this. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I can't imagine what it will be like for you.
((((((((((NIki)))))))))))
Again Niki...That baby is so sweet. Still praying. Let me know what I might be able to do to help.
Post a Comment