Our baby is gone. It seems my body is not meant for life. I am a tomb. I'm emotional right now, crying at the drop of a hat, but at the same time I feel nothing. I'm numb.
I had my first OB appointment today. Went through the pap, and physical exam, pee'd in a cup, gave them all the explanations on EA, previous infertility and miscarriage experience, etc. Then they called to see if there was still an ultrasound tech. There was, she tried an abdominal u/s, but couldn't get a good enough look, so I emptied my bladder and we went for the magic wand. I could see right away there was no heartbeat. But she kept working away, so I thought maybe I was missing something. She clicked away at her machine for what seemed like 5 minutes, before I said "There's no heartbeat is there?" She said I'm still looking, but I haven't been able to get it yet. I had also seen some of her measurements on the screen say 9w1d, and I should be at 10w3d. So baby has probably been gone a week. She then went to get a doctor to confirm.They gave me the choices as to what to do next.
I'm going to wait till after Christmas, and hope something happens on it's own before then. I haven't had any bleeding or cramping as of yet. I will stop my meds today. I have another appointment on Dec 29 to double check and make sure I don't have a miracle (his words- he's been wrong before, he doesn't think he's wrong this time, but we can wait and see) and if it is confirmed gone at that point, they will schedule a d&c for the next day. I know I'm early enough, and the baby is small enough that I should be fine to m/c natural, but I had such a bad experience last time. I'd rather get it over with, and not drag it out another month, and labor at work like last time.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Another heavenly babe...
Lovingly posted by
Niki
at
4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I'm so very sorry Mark and Nik. I will be praying for that miracle and for God's grace during this time. I wish there were more I could do.
Much Love,
KK
my words are insufficient
Our thoughts are with you
My heart is very heavy as I read your post. I know how deep this loss and hurt is, Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Niki
Just reading this tonight and feeling a loss of words to tell you my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Nikki, I'm crying for you and praying for you and Mark. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Love,
Holly
Post a Comment