Friday, September 30, 2011

Fun with Friends

There is nothing like a little outdoor summer fun with friends!  The warm summer days will soon be coming to an end.  We had to squeeze in a little more fun with our friends from next door.  A few weeks ago I stopped at the dollar store to pick up supplies for Em’s birthday party, and I picked up a few cans of shaving cream for finger painting.  I don’t remember where I read that suggestion {most likely from HP/PAI friends} but it was so fun.  I brought out my camera, but was making quite the mess myself, so Kristy was kind enough to take pictures while we all played.

The kids were all a little unsure with the idea at first, and poked at it with one finger, but the warmed up quickly.

DSC_3330DSC_3331DSC_3333DSC_3334DSC_3335DSC_3336DSC_3337DSC_3338

Lilly wanted to finger paint too.  But she bounced on the horse instead. :)

DSC_3339

Tate (I think?) decided to move from finger painting on the table to finger painting on himself.

DSC_3341

And Hudson decided to finger paint on himself too.

DSC_3343

Then there’s Em.  I’m not sure what she was doing, or how she got the shaving cream on her forehead.

DSC_3342

They all smelled manly fresh when they were done.  I’d say it was successful summer fun with friends!  We’ll have to do it again sometime.

DSC_3346DSC_3345

So, what is your favorite thing to do with toddler and pre-school age kids?  I’d love more ideas.

1 comments:

Mark said...

Love it so cute