Monday, September 06, 2010

I interrupt this blogging absence...

I interrupt this blogging absence to say a happy birthday to my Mama Lucy in heaven.  

(Yes, the baby that looks like a boy is me)
Depending on your level of Niki knowledge, you may or may not know about Mama Lucy.  So for those of you who don't know, please allow me to introduce you to my first mom, Lucille Sharon.  Mama Lucy passed away when she was 24 years old after a battle with cancer, leaving me to be raised by her sister, now my mom.  (Got the connections?  Clear as mud?  Good.)




Tuesday, September 7, would have been her 54th birthday.   I will be the first to tell you I had a great childhood.  I was raised in a wonderful, loving family by great parents.  But oh how there are days that I wish she could see.  I so wish she could have seen me graduate from high school, or get married, or meet my little Emma Lucille.  Thankfully I know the day will come, that I will see her again.  But until then...  Happy birthday in Heaven Mama Lucy.

Photobucket

P.S. There have been some major changes in my life.  I can't promise that will mean more frequent blogging, but I'm fairly confident it will.  I'll be back to update on that in just a little bit.

0 comments: