Friday, September 25, 2009

Home safe & sound







 

 

So have I mentioned her name here yet? I have mommy brain already.  I can't keep things straight.  I don't know who I've told what!  Meet Emma Lucille Memry. Today was amazingly hard.  I will maybe get more into that later.  I was so unprepared for how much it would hurt.  I knew it would hurt the birth parents.  They each have other children.  They are so aware of what they are giving up.  They are truly doing what they feel is best for her.  The most unselfish thing imaginable.  We have really come to care for them a great deal.  We have bonded with them like no one at the hospital or the adoption agency has ever seen.  We each had rooms at the hospital, and we spent time hanging out in each others rooms.  Everyone was so careful about guarding each others feelings.  I feel very defensive for them.  They are family now.  There were many tears today.  I have more tears welling up now as I think about it.  Today was the day my dreams came true.  We brought our baby girl home.  But today also ranks right up there with the most difficult experiences in my life.   I would say it closely rivals our days of pregnancy loss.  There are many people looking in here often to see updated pictures of this beauty.  I would ask that whenever you think of our little one, please take a moment to say a prayer for her birth parents.  These coming days are sure to be difficult ones for them.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

Niki and Mark - she's beautiful! Praying for your little family and for Bmom and Bdad.

Sonia said...

Although we went through something quite different from you guys, I think in a way, I can understand the bittersweet feelings you guys are going through. I am so glad baby Emma is home safe and sound with you and am praying for you guys as you adjust to your new life as well as for baby Emma's birth mom and birth dad.

Hugs,

Sonia

Amy T. S. said...

You can count on me for that prayer, Niki. I have a passion for these sweet birthparents.

Niki said...

Oh Amy,I know you do. As I was bawling on my way home, I found myself wanting to call you and ask if I am even remotely normal.

Esther said...

Niki
I've been waiting for her name :-) Emma Lucille so beautiful. Praying for her birth parents. So glad your home. Love the pictures

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! So excited and happy for you! She is absolutely beautiful. Praise the Lord for what He has brought about.

I think what you are feeling is totally normal - I wish everyone who adopted had such a heart for the birth parents. I have just said a prayer for them and will continue to do so.

Kristina said...

Niki and Mark - She is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations! What are her birthday stats (time, length, weight, etc.)? I am curious! :-)

Hollygtn said...

Niki,
I'll be praying for everyone in your growing family. Such a sweet little baby girl you have there! I'm so very happy for both of you!

Holly

Annie Shaw said...

Hey girlie...

Of course I am praying for that dear couple. You have such a sweet heart Niki... (Where is the stinking :wub: when you need it?)

Love you!

Teri said...

What a wonderful and sad day. I was warned that it would be very difficult to leave the hospital w/Tatum, but to actually experience it...to actually experience her birthmom handing her over to us was very, very emotional. I'm so happy for you all! Emma is PRECIOUS!!

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

I am so so so happy for you guys! (((hugs))) she is just beautiful!

Annie Shaw said...

Please post more info. :P VERY inquiring minds NEED to know how their little girl is coming along.

Loves and Prayers--