Thanks for the reminder Ann! :) It was a long day. I thought about posting last night when we got home. Truth be told, I almost think I did, but obviously I didn't! I'm going to blame the Valium.
They thawed the remaining three embryos from our previous transfer. All three survived thaw and looked very good. Two were 8 cells and one was 7. The doctor thinks they looked better than the last embryos transferred. But of course, we know this is not a beauty contest. These are human beings, and God can use any of them!
Overall, my transfer was delayed by about an hour. An hour is a LONG time when taking into consideration a full bladder. Shortly before the transfer, not knowing how much longer the delay would be, I sent Mark out to ask if I could run down the hall and take a bit of pressure off my bladder. They said I could go enough to take some pressure off, but NOT empty my bladder. (They need a semi-full bladder for the ultrasound guidance.) I wrapped the sheet around me and scurried down the hall. Oh so thankful!! When they did the ultrasound about 15 minutes later, the nurse said "WHOA! Full bladder!" The doctor also commented about my bladder. Seemed to be the topic of conversation. ;)
Now I'm laying low for the weekend. I'll go back to work on Tuesday. Laying around isn't nearly as much fun as it might sound. But whatever it takes to give these little ones the best chance at sticking. So now we are in everyone's favorite waiting game.



5 comments:
Thanks, Niki. They are gorgeous and I am praying for you and for them.
Praying, praying, PRAYING!!!!
Love in Christ,
Kristina in GA
Wow, they look great! They don't even look like they were ever frozen.
I never liked trying to time the whole bladder thing. I never seem to get it just right - drink enough so that they are happy, but not so much that I am in agony waiting.
Praying that your little babies implant and grow, grow, grow...
Praying also for peace during this 2ww and for the time to pass quickly for you.
good job!
Thank you for your recent comment on my blog and for your prayers. I just wanted to let you know I am still praying for as well.
Post a Comment