I got my first "pink slip" today. It wasn't pink though. I was a little disappointed in that. I always thought it would be pink. My manager is colorblind. Maybe no one told him it should be pink. So as the title says, at least one thing is no longer up in the air. I am in fact losing my job. In today's economy though, I must admit I am fortunate. Very fortunate. I have a job until June 1. That is so much better than all of the people these days who go to work and find out they no longer have a job to go to. I haven't heard the full scope of the job loss throughout our company. I know the projected number was 130 company wide. There were 3 in my office. I really did feel like it was coming. We found out last week that the former owners of our company included a stipulation for us in the purchase and sale agreement. That stipulation was a temporary severance policy. A very generous severance policy. It won't keep us in the clear forever, but it gives me a bit of elbow room in the job hunt.
My manager said this choice had nothing to do with my job performance. For this reason I asked for a letter of recommendation to take with me when I leave. This was a suggestion made by a relative of one of my co-workers. I never would have thought of that. UGH! I haven't updated my resume in nearly a decade. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration. It's only been 8 years. I don't even know where that resume is. I wonder if they still have a copy of that in my personnel file. I'll make a mental not note to ask about that....
In other news, I had an ultrasound lining check last week. Let's just say my body has been less than cooperative lately. My lining was still thick, but I was... uh.... still actively shedding that lining, so the nurse felt confident that I would shed enough over the next 12-24 hours to get me where I needed to be. So they had me delay the beginning of my estridol shots by one day. I just had my second shot tonight. They really aren't that bad.
Everyone has been telling me there is a reason for losing my job, and maybe it's so I can stay home with a baby. OH how I hope so... Anyone know of a good way to get rid of stress?
I went to a ladies praise and prayer night at church. That helped a bit. I stopped crying. But the stress is still sitting in my shoulders.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
At least one thing is no longer up in the air...
Lovingly posted by
Niki
at
9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I will be praying for you throughout this next cycle of treatment - and hey - email me the details and I can help you put a resume together. It is, afterall, what I look at all day!
I'm sorry to hear about your job. I'll be praying for your upcoming job search. Of course, I am hoping and praying you won't have to job hunt at all because you'll be staying at home with a new baby.
I think one of the best things you can do for stress is exactly what you did, praise God in the midst of your circumstances (Heb 13:15). Keep on praising Him. One of the other things that has helped me is Psalm 62:8, "Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." I take everything, all my fears and concerns, and pour out my heart to Him in prayer.
And also I ask my hubby for a head/neck rub :)
Post a Comment