As if the prescribed needles weren't enough for me over the last week, I added the flu shot, and then on Thursday, I added acupuncture! I hate needles. I should say that. I can't watch anyone give me a shot. I can't watch when they draw blood. The average mother can always bring up labor when their (usually older) child. "I was in labor for x hours with you..." I will be able to bring up needles!
This week we really pick up the pace with this treatment cycle. Yes, that includes more needles. First thing tomorrow I have a blood draw at the local hospital lab. This is to check my estrogen levels, to make sure I am still on an appropriate dose of the Tues/Friday evening shots of estridol valerate. Tuesday morning I will begin daily PIO (progesterone in oil) shots. SO NOT FUN! Tuesday I will also add two more sets of pills to the am/pm cocktail. I believe one is a steroid, and one is an antibiotic. Then Friday is the big day. We will leave bright and early in the morning for Boise. We will arrive at the clinic one hour early, and the acupuncturist I met with earlier this week will be there. He will treat me both before and after the transfer. If this one goes anything like the last, I will sleep all the way home! Good times!
I also have a very busy week other than the treatment cycle. We spent this weekend tearing the house apart to clean, and prepare to have the carpets cleaned on Tuesday. I've got an Uppercase Living Party Monday night, and hopefully 3 different parties to close and send in before Thursday. Oh, and I have to work at my normal job too!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
More needles!
Lovingly posted by
Niki
at
10:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Girl, you crazy! We had new carpet installed the day before we were to leave for Erik's birth. It was a disaster.
Friday - really? Wow! Praying for you!
There is method to my madness. HOPEFULLY I won't be able to help move furniture after Friday ;)
Sit down and "queen it" come Friday :) Adding our prayers!
Is that this coming up Friday? You have prayers coming from Iowa.
Amy t.s. 's mom
Post a Comment