I've had the sleepies lately. Don't know what my malfunction is. It's always something with me isn't it? A couple of weeks ago I started noticing some lumps in my neck. They are lymph nodes. I had 3 that were very enlarged. They were causing quite a bit of discomfort, and a hummer of a headache. I called my family doctor's office. I couldn't get an appointment to see him for another week. I had a worried hubby and mom, so I made an appointment with the nurse practitioner, for the next day. I took the time off of work, and drove the 20 minutes to arrive at the doctors office 5 minutes before my scheduled appointment. I sat in the waiting room, and I sat there and sat there. 40 minutes later I was taken to a children's exam room. The only reading material in the room was kids books and pregnancy magazines. I was left in the exam room another 20 minutes. The NP came in. She acknowledged the wait, but didn't apologize. I wanted to throw a fit, but I maintained my composure. I told her what was going on, she felt, said they were enlarged lymph nodes, gave me some antibiotics and said if it didn't clear up in 4 weeks to call back. I won't be calling her back thank you very much. I'll go to the-dock-in-the-box a mile from my office for a wait like that. At least I expect to wait when I go there, since they don't accept appointments.
The lumps are still there, but thankfully have gone down a lot. A bad experience like that just makes me like my doctor even more. I don't mind waiting for him, because once I see him, I get his attention for as long as I need. He's a great doctor. He and his nurse sat with me for nearly an hour as I cried during my annual exam after our miscarriage. That's not common in this day and age of rush rush rush.
I think the biggest part of my sleepies today was from sitting in the sun for 4 hours at the fairgrounds. I work for a natural gas company, and my company hosted a "gas rodeo" today.
If you want to know what I'm referring to by "gas rodeo" there's a video
We had the exact same events today at our rodeo. The winning team from my company will go to a national competition. They did things like picking up an egg with a backhoe without breaking it. It was fun. It was hot! We had a BBQ afterwards. Poor Mark got bored, but he did get good hubby points for going! While we were there, we saw our nephews who were showing their pigs at a different event at the same fair grounds. Lots of fun today! I guess now that it's 11:00 pm, I have a right to be tired.... (we just won't talk about the 2 hour nap this afternoon) :)
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Whew, I'm tired!
Lovingly posted by
Niki
at
10:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Ugh, I hate dr appts that turn out like that. Health care is one of the few industries left that doesn't seem to take customer service much into consideration. Thankfully there are still a few good doctors out there to balance it out.
Sounds like the nephews are getting lots of family participation at their pig showing events!!
Post a Comment