Sunday, July 22, 2007

Honey-Do List

Bad, blogger. Bad, bad, blogger. Until last night I haven't updated my blog in 2 months. I feel like if we're not actively working towards having a baby, that I have nothing to say that anyone would care to read. My sweet husband doesn't believe anyone really reads the blog, so he often leaves comments. But I have been doing a lot. So last night I did some updating to the blog. I have backdated the blog so all of the entries for the last 2 months are new, but look "old." Sneaky huh?? Now for more of what I've been up to.

Quite some time ago, about a year and a half or two years ago, I felt a stirring in my heart. God was speaking to me, and calling me to a time of preparation. Preparing for what?? I'm not sure. But preparation none-the-less. He gave me a list of things to do. A "honey-do" list. None of the things on my list were particularly difficult. I put a little effort into it at the time. And within a few weeks, brushed it aside. I've revisited those thoughts here and there, but still never put the effort into them that I needed to. I am very glad to say that over the last couple of months I have once again recognized the need for obedience, and I have been putting a great deal more effort into my list. So you might be asking what kind of list God would give me? I'll share it with you.

Honey-Do Area's of Preparation
  • Spiritually - My walk with Him has not been as it should for quite some time. I've been existing, but not drawing near to Him. Very specifically I felt called to finish the Beth Moore bible study that I purchased a couple of years ago called "Believing God." progress - Beginning week 8 of 10!

  • Physically - I am overweight! I lost more than 30 pounds before I met Mark, and after we got married, I gained all that back.... multiplied! I have known all along that being overweight increases my PCOS symptoms, and in turn makes it harder to conceive. Not o mention that it's just plain unhealthy! progress - 16 pounds gone.... lots more to go, but still 16 pounds gone!

  • Our Home - God has blessed us with a very nice home. There are lots of things I want to do to our home, and I've been slowly working on them. However there was one specific area that NEEDED work. In my family we refer to it as "Chuck's Room." We have no one in our family named Chuck. So why does Chuck have a room?? Because you open the door and chuck things in. When we moved into the house 2 and a half years ago, Chucks room was where we put anything that we didn't know where to put, or didn't have room to put, or just didn't want to take care of. I have attempted cleaning it out many times. I even had a crib set up in there for awhile. But there has been lots of emotional baggage tied to that room. The crib remains empty. The room doesn't yet serve the purpose I dreamed of when we first walked through it. Also in the area of our home, I have been working on things that I want to do to it that would be harder to do with a baby. I don't consider those things a requirement on the list though... just extra credit! progress - Chucks Room is CLEAN!!! The closet isn't yet, but the ROOM is clean! You can see the carpet!!! This is monumental! I'll add (terribly embarrassing) before and after pictures just so you can appreciate it! I do want to add that the before pictures are no indication of the rest of our house! We do keep the rest of our house in tidy order, chucks room is just the unseen area.





















So now you know what I've been up to! It's very sad, but I feel almost like the Children of Israel wandering in the desert just outside of their promised land, because of unbelief and disobedience. Hopefully my wandering isn't quite as long as theirs! I am working on things though. That is all I can do now. I am recognizing the importance of obedience for the sake of obedience, not just for a reward. I do have to wonder if my disobedience is the reason our baby is in heaven, and not inside me. I can't dwell on that thought though, only move forward.

3 comments:

Mary Lou said...

You do not know me but I found your blog through a friend of a friend. I am posting for several reasons.

(1) To prove your dear hubby that yes people do read AND post to your blog. LOL! BTW you have a great writing style!

(2) No reason to be embarrassed about the room, we all have a "chuck room" of one kind or another.....I would hate for you to see my TWO chuck rooms......one is the garage!

(3) Congratulations on losing the 16 pounds. That is great news.

(4) Your dear baby is not in heaven because of your disobedience! Don't let that thought grip you heart! It can become a bottomless pit! .....why do I know....Been there sister!

(5) I too have PCOS. I too have had miscarriages. NOT FUN!

(6) I have a wonderful daughter...so it is possible to have a child when you have PCOS! Hear that as the encouragement it was meant to be!

Keep your eyes on Him! He is with you always!

Mary Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I read it!!! I read it!!! And I think and pray for you two a lot...