As I mentioned in a future post (yes, I'm backdating this) I've been a bad blogger. I feel almost like if I'm not pregnant or currently in treatment I have nothing to say that anyone cares to read. That's just silly me though I know :) Of course no one is going to read if I post anything! I've probably already lost my few faithful readers with my one month break in posting!
So anyways, here's the update on me. I went ahead and took the misoprostle. I decided not to wait it out. I planned a lovely date with Mark on a Friday night. Saturday morning I got up and got dinner in the crockpot, and a few other easy meals were ready to go. Then I took the pills. I waited for the torture to begin. I waited. And waited. NOTHING happened! GREAT!
So the next Monday (April 2), my hcg was down to 99. At this point, the slow dropping hcg and lack of response to the misoprostle had me very frustrated. I was all ready to ask for a d & c. I decided to wait for one more blood test.
The following Monday (April 9) I got the call that my hcg had dropped to 37! That was a total answer to prayer, because it was a significant drop. So I decided to wait things out a little longer. Before I got that call though, I got a call from my family doctor's office. They called to say they got results from the lab and they wanted to congratulate me on my positive pregnancy test. Wow that call took me by surprise. I got pretty upset at work.
My next blood test was the also on a Monday (April 16). Yipee all the way down to 5! Still bleeding though, and 5 isn't negative yet. It needs to be UNDER 5 to be considered negative. Hopefully one more blood test.
That brings me to the most recent Monday (April 23) I got the call I've been waiting on for weeks. I'm finally in the negative. the hcg was less than 1, and I've FINALLY stopped bleding. After a month and a half, I've finally stopped bleeding! I never thought I'd be so happy with a negative pregnancy test.
I don't know what's next. I guess for now we wait. Wait and pray. I'd love for you to pray with us!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Long overdue update!
Lovingly posted by
Niki
at
10:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment