Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Growing Girl...

So once again, I've been absent for awhile. I'm not going to make any promises about more frequent blogging. I can say I'd like to do it. But we all know how that has worked out so far...

What a difference a year makes.


A week before Mother's Day last year.
Mother's Day this year



Yesterday Emma turned 20 months old! My how time has flown by. She is a SUPER busy girl. My mom has commented several times that Em is by far the busier than any of her kids, or other grandkids ever work. Give her some space, and she loves to run and run. She jumps from one activity or toy to another, to another. But turn on a VeggieTales movie, or Dora, and she goes into another world. She will come hold her hands up and say "dow" (down). That is our cuddle time. I'll take it however I can get it these days. She loves to climb.  She'll climb anything she can these days... except for the jungle gym at the playground strangely enough.


I've given up on keeping her out of the linen closet.  I just moved all of the sheets up so I don't have to constantly refold them.  Her blankets are the only thing within reach for her.  And if those go unfolded... oh well!!

Her vocabulary is increasing by the day. I think she has 4 new words in the last week. She has 45 words or short phrases that she now says. (She has several short phrases like "there he is" that I count as one, because it she says it so fast it sounds like one word).

She weighs about 28 pounds. I need to get her height measurement today. She is wearing size 24 month clothes for the most part. And clothes. That is a whole other subject. She's started learning to take things off. One day last week I decided to see how far she would get. She got all the way. She took EVERYTHING off. Then she sat down and tried to get her diaper back on.

It is now naptime. However from the sound of things, she has decided not she doesn't need a nap today. :( So I better go hurry up and get some things done in the kitchen before she revolts. So I will leave you with a few pictures.




0 comments: