Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snow day

Three years ago I  made snowman kits to give to friends and family as gifts.  A snowman kit is wooden eyes, carrot nose, pipe, buttons, and carrot all on wooden dowels to poke into the snowman, and a fleece scarf.  All of these things are in a cute little burlap bag that I personalized.  I had extra supplies so I sold some through a forum I participate in as well as on ebay.  A co-worker wanted a bunch of them for her family, so I ordered more supplies.  She never came through.  So I boxed up the stuff and forgot about it.  My sister called a couple of weeks ago and asked how much it would be to make some more snowman kits for her to give to some people.  This reminded me that I had a bunch of supplies boxed up.  I dug through the boxes, and I found two kits, packaged and ready to mail.  I don't remember what happened, but I must have had an order fall through or something.  Tears came to my eyes when I saw the personalized name on one of the bags.  This was three years ago. God knew all along.


So, early last week I went to Once Upon a Child to look for a snowsuit and boots for Emma.  I succeeded in getting her a jacket, a snowsuit that looked brand new, and a hat all for $12.00.  I love a good deal!!  They didn't have boots her size.

Friday night, before I went to bed I looked outside to it had been snowing, and looked like it was starting to stick.  I immediately wanted to go to Wal-mart and get some boots so we could play in the snow in the morning.  It was quite late at night (or rather--early in the morning) so a trip to Wal-mart wasn't all to practical, so I went to bed.  Emma was still sleeping when I woke up, so I left Mark home with Em, and I went to get some snow boots.

We had a busy day ahead of us, and Emma was going to my sister's house for the afternoon.  This was the first time Emma had been with anyone but Mark or I since the end of August.  My mom had mentioned that the kids wanted to build a snowman.  I wanted so badly to be the one to build her first snowman with her.  So we hurried up and made it happen.  We all bundled up and went outside.  It did my heart good.  These are the memories I waited so long to start making.  I want to cry now just thinking about it.









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so enoyed the video. She is such a little "punkin" Just ahve to look every now and again and see what she's up to.

Grandma K.