Today would have been Mama Lucy's 52nd birthday. She's been gone longer than she was alive. Mama Lucy was my first mom. She is the one who gave me the gift of life. She died when she was just a couple of months shy of 25. I thought about it briefly today but didn't dwell on it. I'm glad. Now reflecting on it tonight I am sad. She was so young. I was so young.She was younger when she died than I was when I got married. How crazy is that? I wish she could see the person I've grown to be. I'm far from perfect, but I'd like to think she would be proud.
Happy Birthday in heaven Mama Lucy. I'm so happy to know that I will see you again someday. Hug my babies for me!






2 comments:
I didn't know this about you, Nik. This is a lovely post. I know she would be proud of you. You're wonderful.
So touching. I'm so glad I stopped by and met Mama Lucy.
Post a Comment