Busy weekend! Mark is on-call for work, so we must stay close to home, so we decided to skip the normal family festivities. Part of this was for me. Mother's Day and Father's Day will never again be the same for me. Friday night we took our parents out to dinner to celebrate Father's Day with our dads. We had a nice time together with our parents.
Mark had to work Saturday, and earlier in the week I got suckered into walking in the March of Dimes Walk America with the team from my office.
I had thought about it a couple of months ago, but Mark talked me out of it. Much to Mark's upset, I got talked back into it. I'm not so sure why he didn't want me to walk. I had to remind him that he himself benefited from March of Dimes as a premie. I ended up walking. 6.2 Miles is a long way to walk when one isn't prepared to do so! I really didn't think I would make it the whole way, but once I made it 2/3's of the way, I was determined to finish. It was a good feeling to finish, but I'm a bit sore for it!
For Father's Day, I wasn't going to go to church. The thought really hadn't occurred to Mark that we might not go. So I figured if anyone had a right to be upset today it should be Mark, and if he wants to go, then we shall go. When they asked all of the Father's to stand up, I think it really hit Mark. Even though he knew he is a Father, he didn't stand up. I think he didn't want to feel like he needed to justify or explain that our child is in heaven. I had a rough time in the service we ended up staying for prayer afterwards. The music minister is the one that came to pray with us. What a devine appointment. He and his wife suffered through infertility and ended up adopting their son. He spoke to us with great compassion from someone who has been down that road.



0 comments:
Post a Comment